Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Wander Indiana...

So if you were wondering about the wandering in the title it is because of the enormous amount of driving this weekend. But it was all worth it...
On Friday Phil had an undergraduate research conference at Butler University in Indianapolis where he presented a paper on modern-day slavery. That morning we met up at 6.30 to have breakfast together before I had to take him to met up with the others that were going, too. I dropped him off for that then went to my one and only class on Fridays at 8am. After I finished with Geography I jumped in my car and had a nice drive to Indy(it was nice because there weren't many cars and I had my MP3 player). I met up with Phil once he was finished with his paper and we then drove down to Batesville to visit his family, including his sister and nephew, Amanda and Robert. It was nice to meet a bit more of Phil's family. Once I meet Phil's brother Robert (who is on a mission) I will have met all of the Call family. Well we stayed in Batesville for the evening and kicked around there for a bit, then took the long drive up to Plainfield to meet up with all my family for the weekend. We all met up for the annual Race for a Cure in downtown Indianapolis, except the only person who actually did it was Phil. Matt was going to run it with him but he chickened out in the end. I was going to walk it with my parents and Tashina and the girls, but it was raining and we didn't want the girls to get wet and sick again. So we just walked around the area while Phil finished the race. We stayed in Indy until that evening and hurried back to Muncie for an appointment with the missionaries. It was a fun time. Well as you can tell we sure did wander Indiana last weekend with all the driving and such. But it was a great time before the huge push before finals. This is the week before finals so this is when all the papers and projects are due. So personally this is worse than actual finals week!

1 comment:

The Horn Family said...

I never said I was going to run it. I didn't even know for sure if I'd be able to go because of work. Chickened out, ha.
I have run it more times than you and Phil combined.
Matt