Thursday, January 3, 2008

Winter Break Fun

Merry Christmas! Happy New Year! Sorry I am a little behind but I didn't think that it was too important to update the blog because the few people who read it saw me during the first part of break, but now things have been a tad bit crazy.
First I went down to Muncie to meet up with Phil so that we could drive over to Nauvoo for a friend's wedding, which went really well. We stayed with the groom's family the night before the wedding because they had extra rooms for us in their hotel. Then on the day of the wedding Phil and I walked to the Visitor Center in about four to six inches of snow, only to discover that all of the historic Nauvoo buildings were closed because of the weather. After the wedding we started the long drive back to Muncie and got there really late. On Saturday we continued our trek to Batesville to visit his family. We did some stuff around town on Saturday and then on Sunday I went to church with his family and met some of the people from his ward. On Monday morning we went flying with Phil's dad. It was super duper fun and Amazing! Then we took the long drive up to Warsaw that evening to spend the New Year with the family playing dominoes and the usual New Year's Eve activities. New Year's Day we went on a walk and later on in the afternoon went to Grandma Lich's for Christmas with the family. In the evening Phil and I left for Muncie so that he could get back to Batesville before it was too late, but instead we both got stuck in Muncie because the roads were really bad because of the snow and wind. I stayed with Michael and Amy Gebs and Phil just stayed at his house in town. Then we met up in the morning and kicked around town for a bit and headed our separate ways.
So as you can tell it has been an exciting and wonderful Christmas break. I can't wait to get back down to Muncie to see all of my friends and such. I am not too excited for classes to start again but my social life has had enough of a break so far!
Hope all is well!

1 comment:

The Horn Family said...

I sounds like we missed a fun New Years Eve. How did New Years day at Grandma Lich's go? What'd Phil think of the family?
Maybe we'll see you soon.